WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS :
Smartpoints Value : 5
--- advertisement ---
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, defrosted per package instructions (such as Pepperidge Farms)
- ¼ cup shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese
- 16 turkey pepperoni slices, diced
- ¼ cup diced white mushrooms
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 egg*
- 1 tablespoon water
- On a clean, dry surface sprinkle a small amount of flour to prevent sticking and lay down your sheet of defrosted puff pastry. Using a rolling pin, roll the pastry into a 12”x12” square of even thickness. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the pastry into 9 even squares (3 rows of 3).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Mozzarella, diced pepperoni, mushrooms, pizza sauce and ¼ teaspoon of the Italian seasoning and stir until well combined. Spoon a tablespoon of the filling into the center of each pastry square (should use all the filling) and spread it a bit diagonally toward two opposite corners. Get a small dish of water and lightly spread a bit of water around the edges of a square. Fold one corner over diagonally to meet its opposite corner and form a triangle. Press the edges of the pastry together to seal the filling inside. Repeat with each pastry square. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the triangles to the sheet.
- Combine the egg and a tablespoon of water in a bowl and whisk together to combine. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash over top of each pastry triangle. Discard leftover egg wash. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning over the tops of the triangles.
- Preheat the oven to 400. Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to ensure the pastry is still a bit chilled (this makes it puff better). Transfer the sheet to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes until pastry is golden.
NUTRITION INFORMATION :
130 calories, 11 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 8 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 5 g protein, 1 g fiber