Cheesy Shrimp & Grits Casserole
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup regular grits
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided ( 4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese ( 4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb fresh small shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring 4 cups chicken broth and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a large saucepan; stir in grits.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir together grits, 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add green onions, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together green onion mixture, grits mixture, shrimp, and next 3 ingredients.
- Pour into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Fat 10.8 g
Saturated Fat 6.2 g
Fiber 1.1 g
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 15.4 g
--- advertisement ---