Healthy Baked Potato Soup
- 2 medium russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 small head of cauliflower (3 1/2 cups or 16 ounces), stem removed cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups 1% reduced-fat milk
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (you can use turkey bacon if you prefer)
- 10 tbsp reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tbsp chopped chives, divided
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 – 5 minutes, until tender. Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.
- Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Drain and return to pot.
- On medium heat, add chicken broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add sour cream, half the chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl.
- Top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.
Yield: 5, Serving Size: 1 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +: 5
- Protein: 14g
- Calories: 200
- Total Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 323mg
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sugar: 6g
--- advertisement ---