PICKLE-BRINED BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
- 12 (1 1/4 lbs) chicken tenders or skinless breasts cut into strips
- 1- 1/4 cup pickle juice (enough to cover the chicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko
- cooking spray
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl and cover with pickle juice (enough to cover completely). Marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours. After 8 hours, drain and dry the chicken completely on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large baking sheet with generously with oil.
- Combine egg, egg white, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and panko.
- Dip chicken in the egg wash, then into the breadcrumb mixture and shake off excess.
- Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and spray the top generously. Bake in the lower third of the oven until the bottom is golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and bake 6 minutes, until golden.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 3 tenders
--- advertisement ---
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 5
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 244
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- Sodium: 422mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 37g