Yield: 2 servings
¼ cup raisins (1 small box)
1 teaspoon melted unsalted butter for the pan
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 medium sweet apples, rinsed (I used Fuji apples)
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
--- advertisement ---
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a small baking dish with two foil squares, one for each apple, and brush the foil with melted butter.
- Core the apples. It’s okay to core them all the way through, if you make sure to firmly pack the filling.
- Stuff each apple with half the raisins, packing them in firmly so that they stay put.
- Gently melt 1 tablespoon butter in the microwave. Place the apples in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle them with the cinnamon, drizzle with the melted butter, and top each of the apples with half of the remaining butter:
- Bake until tender but not mushy, 30-40 minutes. Allow to rest and slightly cool for 5 minutes, then baste with the pan juices and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving :
SmartPoints : 12
Serving size: 1
Saturated fat: 7g
Sodium: 4mg; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 1g