BANG BANG CHICKEN
The sauce is so good, you’ll want to eat it with a spoon!
--- advertisement ---
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Amazingly crisp chicken bites drizzled with sweet chili mayo – so good, you’ll want to double or triple the recipe!
1/2 cup vegetable oil, or more, as needed
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 large egg
1 tablespoon hot sauce
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 cup Panko*
For the sauce :
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons Frank’s Hot Sauce
- To make the sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey and Frank’s Hot Sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working one at a time, dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Serve immediately, drizzled with sweet chili sauce.