Here Are The Recommended Sleep Times According to the National Sleep Foundation!!!
We all know that rest is extremely important for our development and health. We all need sleep to maintain the proper function of our body. The National Sleep Foundation gives a recommended sleep time according to the age. If you want to have enough energy, mental clarity and good health, this is the amount of hours you should sleep.
--- advertisement ---
Recommended Sleep Hours : New Guidelines
A professor from Harvard University, Charles Czeistler conducted researches to determine the recommended hours of sleep. Here are the results he had got.
- Newborn: (0-3 months): 14 to 17 hours
- Babies ( 4 to 11 months): 12 to 15 hours
- Children(1-2 years): 11 to 13 hours
- Preschool(3-5 years): 10 to 13 hours
- School Age (6-13 years) 9 to 11 hours
- Teens (14 to 17 years): 8 to 10 hours
- Youth (18 -25 years): 7 to 9 hours
- Adults (26-64 years): 7 to 9 hours
- Seniors (over 65 years): 7 to 8 hours