Tortilla Crusted Fish Tacos with Avocado Crema
#- Prep time : 5 mins # – Cook time :15 mins # – Total time :20 mins
Tortilla Crusted Fish Tacos with Avocado Crema are a healthy and easy weeknight meal you can make in just 20 minutes with your Airfryer! Crispy Tortilla Crusted Tilapia is layered in a grilled corn tortilla with avocado crema and fresh tomatoes for a flavorful dinner recipe the whole family will l
--- advertisement ---
Serves: 6 tacos
- 6 Corn tortillas
- 2 Tortilla crusted tilapia fillets
- 1 cups tomatoes chopped
- ½ bunch green onions chopped
- 5 oz. container nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ avocado diced
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- To get started, pop your fish fillets in your Airfryer and bake them at 390° for 15-18 minutes, until they are nice and crispy. If you don’t own an Airfryer you can bake the fish fillets according to the package directions (I bumped up my temperature to 400° for a crunchier outside).
- Meanwhile, to prepare the avocado cream, combine the Greek yogurt and avocado so it is smooth. To that, add the lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Throw your tortillas in a heated saute pan with a little bit of pan spray and cook on high on each side for 30-60 seconds. This helps to get some browned color on them and improves the texture of the tortilla by giving it a chewy bite.
- Remove your fish from the oven when it is done and slice into ¼” strips.
- To assemble your tacos, start by spreading a generous amount of avocado cream on each tortilla, topping with ⅓ of a fish fillet and diced tomatoes and green onions. Serve immediately.