ENCHILADA CHICKEN ROLL-UPS
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild red enchilada sauce (or use my homemade sauce)
- 1 ½ pounds (3) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (4-ounce) can mild green chilis
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 large (6-ounce) avocado, cubed
- Chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, oregano, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Rub on both sides of each chicken piece.
- Spray a small (8×6-ish) oval or rectangular baking dish with cooking spray and pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Lay chicken, cut side up on a work surface. Top each piece, in the center, with about 2 teaspoons chilis and 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese.
- Roll each one up and set them seam side down in the baking dish. Top with remaining sauce, cheese and chilis.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake 10-15 minutes more, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top each chicken roll-up with a few avocado pieces and cilantro and serve.
To freeze, transfer to a freezer safe container once cooked and cool for up to 3 months.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1 roll-up with 1 ounce avocado
--- advertisement ---
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +:
- Calories: 261
- Total Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Sodium: 658mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 31g