Make Moist Chocolate Avocado Cake With No Eggs Or Dairy!
This post is written by Tammy Catania, an official holistic nutrition expert and life coach.
--- advertisement ---
To make a cake, you need all the basic items like flour, eggs, sugar, butter and such. Some avoid chocolate cake since they are vegan or have allergy to eggs and dairy, but we have a healthy recipe for everyone’s needs!
Who dislikes chocolate cake? No one!
You can have chocolate cake that is healthy and stops cravings, it has no dairy, no eggs and just good healthy fat. Keep reading!
The main item here is avocado. Yes, you read right. This replaces dairy and eggs and makes the cake amazing.
The 6 benefits of avocado
- Many nutrients like vitamin K, folate, copper, C, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, B6, B5, iron, A, E, Mg, manganese, zinc, riboflavin, thiamine.
- Fibers for better digestion and weight loss, but also no sugar spikes
- Good fats and vitamins D, E, K, A, antioxidants like carotenoids which are fat soluble
- 100 g avocado has 14% RDA potassium. Studies claimed potassium intake is linked to lowering pressure and reducing risk of heart attack, stroke and kidney failures
- Lowering triglycerides and cholesterol, increasing good cholesterol by 11%, lowering the LDL by 22%, reducing triglycerides by 20%
- The antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin are for eye health and sight
- Avocados are 73% water, 8.5% carbs, 155 fat, carbs and protein 2%
- ½ avocado or 70 g is 109 calories or in 100 g is 160 calories.
Have you known that some history evidence said eating avocado dates back in Mexico, 10.000 years ago. There are plenty reasons to have avocado daily.
It is high in water content so it is chewy, soft and nice on the taste buds. It is loaded with monounsaturated fats and this makes it soft and creamy for any baked goods.
How is avocado used for baking instead of using eggs and butter?
Skin it and remove the seed pit. Scoop this in blender and blend until puree. Do not let this get brown and oxidized and fast add 2 tsp lemon juice in each cup.
1 cup avocado is in ratio with 1 cup butter, and avocado melts slow so increase other fluid items if you need.
For eggs in baking, replace 2 tbsp to ¼ cup puree avocado for an egg.
This recipe is amazing and you will skip the dinner to have this cake instead.
Avocado chocolate cake
- 3 cups almond flour
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup avocado or coconut oil
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp ACV
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 and ½ cup raw cane sugar
- 2 avocados
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease and flour a pan 2×9. In a bowl, mix dry items and leave sugar last. In another one, mix wet items and add the sugar. Put the wet mix in the dry one and stir until smooth. Divide this batch in 2 pans and bake for half an hour. Make the frosting and wait the cake to be cool after 20 min before you apply frosting.
Other ways to use avocado in sweet recipes:
Chocolate avocado pudding
Chocolate avocado bar