Bite-sized pizza scrolls
Are you bored with traditional pizza? This recipe is an adventurous twist on the classic. They’re bite-sized, which makes them perfect for snack for the grandkids. There’s nothing they won’t love about these pastry treats that are filled with a delicious pizza mix.Just like a normal pizza, though, you can get creative and add any extra ingredients that you think might mix well together, as well as use up any leftovers from your fridge or freezer.
--- advertisement ---
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 100g butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) tomato pizza sauce
- 1 cup (120g) shredded cheese
- 227g canned pineapple chunks, drained
- 100g leg ham, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 50g cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 220C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and butter. Rub together with fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Add milk and use a round-bladed knife to mix ingredients together until a smooth dough forms.
- Prepare a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until smooth. Roll dough with a rolling pin into a 30cm x 40cm rectangle. Spread pizza sauce over dough. Sprinkle with cheese and top with pineapple, ham, capsicum and mushrooms.
- Roll dough from the long edge into a log. Cut into 8 even portions and place on the prepared tray. Bake for 30 mins, until the pastry is golden. Leave to cool. Serve.