Caramel tart with peanut praline
Caramel tart is a dessert favourite, especially on special occasions like holidays or birthdays. This recipe gives a fresh twist on the classic tart by topping with a peanut praline and banana slices.
--- advertisement ---
They are easy to make and perfect for celebrating events or just for a sweet treat after dinner or in the afternoon. If you’re looking for a twist on the traditional recipe than give this one a go!
- 8 small frozen sweet shortcrust tart cases
- 1/2 x 380g can Top ‘n’ Fill caramel
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped roasted salted peanuts
- Making praline: line baking tray with baking paper. In a saucepan over low heat, combine sugar and 1 1/12 tablespoons of cold water. Cook and stir until sugar has dissolved for 5 minutes (make sure it doesn’t boil). Increase heat to medium and bring to boil. Cook without stirring until a deep golden colour for about 8-10 mins. Take off heat and stir in peanuts. In a thin stream, pour the mixture on the prepared tray. Cool at room temperature until set. Break into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced. In foil, place tart cases on a baking tray and bake until golden for about 10 mins. Transfer to wire rack and remove from foil cases to cool.
- Spoon 3 level teaspoons of caramel into the individual tarts. Top with banana slices. Sprinkle praline over the top and serve.