Creamy mushroom and white wine tortellini
This tortellini dish is one of the quickest and easiest weeknight meals that can be made in 15 minutes or less! The spinach and ricotta tortellini is perfectly paired with the white wine sauce to make a deliciously creamy dinner that everyone is bound to enjoy.
--- advertisement ---
- 625g packet fresh spinach and ricotta tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g sliced swiss brown mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 300ml light thickened cooking cream
- Finely grated parmesan, (or vegetarian hard cheese) to serve
- Cook pasta following the instructions on the packet. Meanwhile, in a large, deep frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 3 mins constantly stirring until onion has just softened. Add garlic, mushrooms and thyme and cook until tender for 3 mins.
- Add wine and simmer until reduced by half for about 1 min. Add cream and stir. Bring to simmer and reduce heat to low. Simmer until sauce is thicker for about 2 mins.
- Drain pasta and reserve 1/4 cup of the water. Combine pasta, water and cream mixture together and stir and cook for 1 minute until sauce slightly thickens and coats the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss together to combine. Top with parmesan and extra thyme leaves and serve.