Dump and Bake Chicken Noodle Casserole
Yield 8 servings
--- advertisement ---
You don’t even have to boil the pasta for this nutritious and cozy Dump-and-Bake Chicken Noodle Casserole! All of the ingredients cook together in one dish for a simple comfort food dinner on a cool evening!
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 cup finely-diced celery
- 1 cup finely-diced carrots
- 1 cup finely-diced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 12 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In the prepared dish (or in a separate bowl), stir together cooked chicken, celery, carrots, onion, thyme, garlic, uncooked pasta, chicken broth, and salt.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; stir. At this point you should check the pasta to make sure that it is al dente (firm but just about finished cooking). If it’s still too hard, cover the dish and return to the oven until pasta is al dente. Then move on to the next step.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender).
Cooking for Two? You can cut the recipe ingredients in half and bake the casserole in an 8-inch square pan. The cooking instructions remain the same.
Want to Prep Ahead? You can chop all of the chicken and veggies in advance and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to stir together the casserole.