Easy date biscuits
If you ever need to whip up a quick morning or afternoon tea snack then these biscuits are ideal. They are perfectly paired with a cup of tea or coffee, can be packed into lunches for a snack or even had as desserts.
--- advertisement ---
Although they are so quick and easy to bake, they still taste delicious and are always a hit with guests. These treats are guilt-free but still satisfy your sweet tooth. Yum!
- 180g (2 cups) whole rolled oats
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 60g (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts
- 8 fresh dates, pitted, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 egg
- 100g butter, melted, cooled
- 80ml (1/3 cup) honey
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. In a large bowl, add oats, flour, walnuts and dates.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl. Add butter and honey. Whisk together.
- Combine honey mixture and oat mixture. Stir well. Measure heaped tablespoons of the mixture and flatten slightly on the prepared trays.
- Bake until lightly golden for about 12 mins. Cool on the trays for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack. Wait until cooled completely and serve.