Mouth-watering sweet and sour chicken
This delicious meal is a perfect dinner dish that is best served hot. The sweet and sour sauce is bursting with new and exciting flavours that will definitely be a hit with everyone who tries it. You can pair it with a plate of rice or a side of veggies. Or even try mixing it into a salad or a pasta dish. This dish is far from the average boring chicken meal and will leave everyone wanting more!
--- advertisement ---
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 kg) cut into 2-3cm pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup corn flour
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup canola, vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup granulated sugar (depending on how sweet you want the sauce)
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 165C. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Place corn flour and chicken into large ziplock bag and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based frying pan until hot and rippling. Dip chicken pieces in whisked egg and carefully place side by side in pan.
- Cooke for 20-30 seconds on each side crust is golden but chicken is not cooked all the way through. Place chicken pieces in a 20 x 23cm baking dish and repeat until all chicken in cooked.
- Mix sugar, tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and garlic salt together in a medium bowl. Pour over chicken. Bake for one hour and turn chicken one or twice to evenly coat with sauce. Serve hot.