Vegan green smoothie
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 orange, peeled, excess pith and seeds (if any) removed
- 100 g / 3.5 oz raw spinach*
- 1 ripe banana (frozen works well too)
- 1 ripe peach
- 2 tsp grated ginger, adjust to taste
- a good squeeze of lemon (optional)
- 10 ice cubes
- Place ground flax seed and orange segments at the bottom of the blender and process until the orange is fully liquidised.
- Add all the spinach and a splash of water – just enough to enable the blender to mince the spinach well. Processing spinach in a small amount of liquid ensures that the smoothie will be smooth, without leafy bits of spinach floating in it.
- Add banana and peach. Process until smooth.
- Season with grated ginger and a dash of lemon juice and finally add the ice cubes and process some more.
- Divide between two glasses and enjoy.
--- advertisement ---