5-Ingredient Dump-and-Bake Philly Cheesesteak
--- advertisement ---
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 9 ounces frozen, fully-cooked bite-size meatballs, thawed and quartered (I used 18 small meatballs)
- ½ cup frozen diced onion (or about half of small fresh onion, finely diced)
- 2 sweet bell peppers (any color is fine, but I used 1 red and 1 green), finely diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove biscuits from can and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- In the prepared dish (or in a large separate bowl), stir together chopped biscuits, chopped meatballs, diced onion, diced bell peppers, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top, and return to the oven (uncovered) for 15-20 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown and no longer doughy inside.
Cooking for a Smaller Family? Just cut the ingredients in half and bake the casserole in an 8-inch square baking dish. You can even purchase mini cans of biscuit dough so that you don’t have to waste any.
Want to Prep Ahead? You can assemble the casserole and keep it covered in the refrigerator or frozen until ready to bake.