Classic Oven or Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2-3) lb. boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup (NOT diluted)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup and dip mix (just the dry seasoning)
- 2 cups water
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 sweet onions, peeled and halved
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Place meat in the pot and sear it for about 1 minute on each side, until browned all over.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together condensed soup, dry onion soup mix, and water. Pour sauce over the meat.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onions, and herbs to the pot. Cover and bake in the 350 degree oven for about 2 hours (for a 3-lb. roast). The roast is done when it’s fall-apart tender!
--- advertisement ---