Dump-and-Bake Chicken Supreme
- 2 -2 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 6 small breasts that totaled about 2 1/3 lbs.)*
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (NOT diluted)
- ½ of a soup can of white wine (about ¾ cup), or can substitute with ¾ cup chicken broth
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 small (8 ounce) package dry Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix (about 3 ¾ cups)
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray (or any similar size dish that will hold your chicken in a single layer).
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together condensed soup and wine to make a sauce. Pour over the chicken.
- Add a layer of Swiss cheese over the sauce. You can tear the cheese slices to fit the dish, as necessary.
- In a separate bowl, stir together dry stuffing mix and melted butter. Place the stuffing on top of the casserole. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake, uncovered, for 20 more minutes (or until chicken is cooked through).
--- advertisement ---