Dump-and-Bake Maple Balsamic Chicken
- 1 ½ – 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together maple syrup, mustard, balsamic vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Place chicken in a medium baking dish (about 11-inch by 7-inch, or any size that comfortably holds your chicken) that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken and toss to make sure that each piece of chicken is well coated.
- Tuck sprigs of fresh herbs into the dish (placed alongside the chicken).
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Be sure to spoon plenty of the delicious pan sauce over the chicken before serving!
*I used 5 very small chicken breasts that totaled 1 ½ lbs. If you use much thicker, larger chicken breasts, you might have to increase the cooking time to about 45-50 minutes.
--- advertisement ---