Dump-and-Bake Penne alla Vodka
- 1 (22 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce (about 2 ½ cups)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup vodka (or substitute with an additional 1/4 cup of chicken broth)
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked penne pasta
- 1 (28 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 9 slices cooked, chopped bacon (I buy the package of cooked bacon and just use kitchen shears to cut it in small pieces right over the dish – no cutting board necessary!)*
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (or Italian blend) cheese
- Optional: Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped herbs (such as basil, oregano, or parsley) for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large 13 x 9-inch baking dish, whisk together Alfredo sauce, chicken broth, and vodka until completely combined. Stir in the uncooked pasta, diced tomatoes, bacon, and garlic. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; stir. At this point you should check the pasta to make sure that it is al dente (firm but just about finished cooking). If it’s still a bit too hard, cover the dish and return to the oven until pasta is al dente. Then move on to the next step.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top. Bake uncovered for about 5 more minutes (or until cheese is melted).
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan or fresh chopped herbs, if desired.
--- advertisement ---