Quick and Easy Marinara Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup uncooked small pasta (I used mini wagon wheels, but something like elbow macaroni would also work well)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onion, and garlic and sauté until soft (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the jar of marinara sauce, chicken broth, beans, uncooked pasta, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve.
--- advertisement ---