Super-easy peach and almond tart
--- advertisement ---
- 175g plain flour, plus extra for rolling
- 85g cold unsalted butter
- 1tbsp cater sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 140g butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 140 ground almond
- 50g plain flour
- 3 peaches, sliced
- apricot jam
- To make pastry rub together flour and butter until breadcrumbs, then mix in the sugar.
- Add 1 egg yolk and 1tsp water, followed by another egg yolk and 1 tsp water until dough comes together.
- Cover in cling wrap, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Roll pastry out on lightly floured surface until big enough to line tart tin.
- Cut away excess pastry.
- Line with non-stick baking paper, fill with baking beans (or rice) and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove paper and baking beans.
- Prick a few holes in the tart, bake for another 10-15 minutes until biscuity.
- While pastry cooks, make filling.
- Whisk sugar and butter together until you get a pale paste.
- Beat in eggs and add almonds and flour.
- Spoon into pastry case, arrange peach slices across the top and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden.
- When cool, brush jam across the top.