Vegetarian sausage rolls
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3 sheets reduced-fat ready-rolled puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200C. Combine cheese, pecans, eggs, onion, herbs and sauces in bowl of food processor. Process until combined. Add breadcrumbs and oats. Pulse until mixture is just combined.
- Divide pastry sheets into four squares each. Add 2 tablespoons of mixture into each square. Roll to form a sausage. Brush milk lightly over top.
- Line baking paper onto a tray. Place rolls evenly apart. Poke a fork into top of each sausage. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 mins or until pastry is golden. Serve hot.
--- advertisement ---