3-Ingredient Classic Scottish Shortbread Cookies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) Horizon Organic butter, softened*
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (not sifted)
- Optional, for serving: Hot cocoa made with Horizon Organic milk!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats and set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until completely combined and dough forms.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface (to about ¼-inch thickness, or slightly thicker).
- Use cookie cutters or a pizza slicer to cut out shapes. Place shapes on prepared baking sheets. Pierce with a fork.
- Bake 20 minutes or until just lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
--- advertisement ---