Garlic and Herb Roast Turkey Breast
- 1 (7-8 lb.) whole turkey breast, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 lemons
- 1 whole head of garlic, cut in half crosswise (you don’t need to peel the garlic)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- A few sage leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse the turkey breast with cold water. Pat dry.
- Liberally salt and pepper the inside cavity of the turkey.
- Cut the lemons in quarters and place two quarters in the cavity, along with the garlic. Add rosemary, thyme and sage to the inside of the turkey.
- Brush the turkey with olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the turkey in a large shallow roasting pan lined with aluminum foil (for easy clean-up).
- Add 1 cup water to bottom of pan.
- Place the reserved lemons and the sliced onion in a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Pour the lemon and onion mixture around the turkey inside the pan.
- Roast the turkey breast for 2 – 2 ½ hours, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 175-180 degrees F. Baste with pan juices every 30 minutes.
- If any part of the turkey browns too quickly while cooking, just tent lightly with aluminum foil.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and place on a large cutting board. Tent the turkey with foil and allow it to rest for about 20 minutes before carving.
--- advertisement ---