Italian Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups
- 1.5 – 2 lbs. thinly-sliced chicken breasts (I buy thin-sliced boneless chicken breasts at my grocery store as a shortcut, but you can also use regular chicken breasts that have been pounded to ¼-inch thickness)
- 3 ounces thinly-sliced deli ham or prosciutto
- 4 slices (or about 3 ounces) provolone cheese
- 2/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley (or 1-2 tablespoons of dried parsley flakes)
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Pour milk into a separate bowl.
- Place a slice of ham and a slice of provolone cheese on each chicken breast. Depending on the size of your ham and cheese slices, you may need to trim them or cut them in half so that they are not hanging too far out of the roll-up.
- Roll up chicken and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip chicken rolls in milk, then coat with a light coating of the crumb mixture.
- Place chicken seam-side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray chicken with cooking spray (this will help it turn golden brown!).
- Bake, uncovered, for about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove toothpicks and serve!
--- advertisement ---