Roasted Pineapple & Chipotle Honey Ham
Roasted Pineapple & Chipotle Honey Ham is a sweet and spicy twist on your traditional holiday meal. This easy recipe is finished off with fresh pineapple roasted to sweet perfection for a delicious compliment to the salty and smoky ham.
Author: Danielle Green
Recipe type: Entree
- 5-10 lb bone-in smoked ham
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- ¼ c. salted butter
- ⅓ c. honey
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add ½ c. diced fresh pineapple, chipotle in adobo, melted butter and honey to a blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Line a large roasting pan with layers of tinfoil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Trim the ham leaving ¼” of fat. NOTE: It is important to leave just the right amount of fat. If you leave too much, the caramelized fat will be flabby. If you leave too little and the meat will dry out.
- Place the ham in the lined roasting pan. Coat the ham with ⅓ of the chipotle mixture and cover tightly with tinfoil.
- Bake the ham for 12-15 minutes per pound. (5lb ham = roughly 1 hour 10 lb ham = roughly 2 hours)
- Meanwhile, chop the remaining pineapple into 1 inch chunks. Toss it with ⅓ of the chipotle mixture.
- With about 20 minutes of cooking time remaining, remove the ham from the oven turn the temperature up to 450°F.
- Brush the remaining chipotle mixture over the ham and add the pineapple to the pan. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until the outside of the ham is caramelized and an internal thermometer reading reaches 135°F.
--- advertisement ---