Easy Sexy Red Velvet Pudding Recipe
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! If you’re in the mood to bake a special treat for your partner but don’t have the extra time to prepare something exactly from scratch—this easy and delicious time-saving recipe may be just the solution. Peggy and Debbie of Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery in New York City show you how to whip up your own version of their famous Sexy Red Velvet Pudding.
--- advertisement ---
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and lightly flour 2 9″ cake pans.
3. In a stand mixer, blend red velvet cake mix, 1 cup of water, 1/3 cup of oil and 3 large eggs on low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds).
4. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
5. Scoop batter into prepared pans and bake for 24-29 minutes or until cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow cake to cool 15 minutes in pan, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. In stand mixer, beat 8 oz of cream cheese and 1/2 C powdered sugar until smooth
8. Add 1-1/4 cup milk and 1 (5.1 oz) package vanilla instant pudding mix and continue to beat until smooth.
9. Whip 4 cups heavy cream, 2 tsp. vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar until soft peaks form
10. Crumble approximately a small portion of cooled cake into bottom of trifle bowl (or 1/4 of cake if trifle bowl is flat bottomed)
11. Spoon a layer of cream cheese/pudding combo on top of crumbled cake
12. Spoon a layer of whipped cream on top of cream cheese/pudding layer.
13. Repeat until bowl is filled, but ending with the whipped cream layer on top.
14. Sprinkle with pecans and sugar hearts or garnish of your choice
15. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
If you do attempt this sweet recipe for your sweetie, be sure to let us know in the comments how it turned out!