Egg, bacon and veggie muffins perfect to grab and go
These egg muffins are great to make if you’re rushed for time – they’re the perfect grab and go breakfast! Plus they taste awesome and aren’t filled with nasty stuff, in fact they’re gluten free and high in protein.
--- advertisement ---
This recipe makes 12 and can be made in silicone muffin cups or a muffin pan.
- 12 eggs
- 1 tsp of mixed seasoning
- 1-2 cups grated low fat cheese
- 1 cup shallots, diced
- 1 cup combined broccoli, capsicum, sauteed zucchini, sauteed mushrooms
- 1 cup bacon or ham
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Spray your pans or cups with oil spray
- Layer bacon or ham (diced or in strips), then the veges, cheese and shallots two-thirds of the way full.
- Break eggs into large bowl and add seasoning, beating well. Pour egg into each muffin cup until it is 3/4 full and mix ingredients with a fork
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned.
These muffins can be kept for a week in the fridge and require just 45 seconds to reheat.