Garlic and Herb Poached Salmon
- 1 ½ cups dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 5 sprigs fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried dill)
- 5 sprigs fresh parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried parsley)
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme (or 2 teaspoons dried thyme)
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. fresh, skinless, boneless salmon fillet
- Garnish: lemon zest or chopped fresh herbs, if desired
- In a medium skillet or saucepan, combine wine, water, lemon slices, onion, dill, parsley, thyme, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce liquid to a simmer over low heat, add the salmon, and cover.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, just until salmon is done.
- Remove salmon to serving plates.
- Garnish with fresh lemon zest and chopped herbs, if desired.
--- advertisement ---