20-Minute Sheet Pan Shrimp Tacos
- 2 lbs. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dry taco seasoning (from a 1-ounce packet)
- 3 limes, divided
- 8 ounces (about 3.75 cups) coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup plain Greek-style yogurt, sour cream, or mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon honey or agave
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Corn or flour tortillas, for serving
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro
- In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together olive oil, taco seasoning, and juice from 1 lime.
- Place shrimp in a large zip-top plastic bag and pour marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and toss to coat. Marinate for about 10-15 minutes while you wait for the oven to preheat and while you prepare the slaw.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- While the shrimp marinate (and while the oven preheats), prepare the slaw.
- For the slaw: In a large bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt (or mayonnaise), juice from 1 lime, honey, salt and pepper. Add the coleslaw mix to the bowl and toss until the cabbage is evenly coated with the sauce. It will look fairly dry initially, but as the slaw sits, the cabbage will absorb the sauce and it will become very moist. You can always add more lime juice or yogurt just before serving, if necessary. Set coleslaw aside.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast shrimp for 10-12 minutes, or just until pink, stirring halfway through. Be sure to keep an eye on the shrimp so that you don’t overcook it (or it will be tough).
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in the oven during the final 5 minutes of shrimp cooking time.
- Remove from oven and squeeze juice from remaining lime over top. Toss to coat.
- Fill warm tortillas with shrimp and slaw. Garnish with desired toppings!
--- advertisement ---