Delicious cherry and walnut chunky chocolate brownies
It’s hard not to love a traditional chocolate brownie, but this enticing recipe creates a rich brownie with a modern twist.
--- advertisement ---
The batter is filled with sweet cherries, crumbly walnuts and decadent dark chocolate for a that melt-in-your-mouth feel with every bite. They are super easy to make and are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. All you need to do is heat the chocolate and butter and then mix in the rest of the ingredients; it’s that simple.
If you don’t have cherries available, use raspberries or blueberries instead. Likewise, you can swap the walnuts for almonds, pecans, pistachios or macadamia nuts if you prefer.
They’re great for morning tea or even as a rich dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. But be careful, they’ll have you going back for seconds and thirds!
- 250g butter, chopped
- 300g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup frozen cherries, thawed, quartered
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 190C and grease a 20-30 cm rectangular cake tin. Line the base with baking paper as an extra measure to stop it sticking, allowing some overhang to make removal easy.
- Heat 200g of the chocolate and the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until melted and well combined then set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in sugar and egg, then add flour and cocoa and stir until combined. Stir in cherries and walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then cut into squares to serve.