Delicious peanut butter banana bread
Banana bread is a favourite right across the country, and this one comes with a nutty twist. The addition of peanut butter introduces a new flavour to the beloved dish.
--- advertisement ---
Easy to whip up, banana bread is actually designed to be made with overripe bananas, and all you need is a few simple ingredients.
Great to have on hand, this scrumptious recipe is perfect for a sweet breakfast or afternoon treat. To take the dish to the next level, serve with butter, topped with banana and drizzled in honey!
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease loaf pan (approx. 11.5cm x 20cm)
- Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Fold in mashed banana, milk and vanilla.
- Sift over flour and salt, then fold to combine.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Smooth top and bake for one hour.