Classic egg and bacon pie
There’s almost nothing more comforting than a homemade pie and this tasty egg and bacon version is the perfect dinner option to get you feeling cosy and ready for winter. This tasty recipe was shared with us by SAS community reader Tony Stott, and promises to be an absolute delight!
--- advertisement ---
Like all good pies it uses shortcrust pastry for that crumbly, buttery crust, and is filled with the most delicious egg, bacon and parsley mixture – just like mum used to make!
Tony recommends serving with tomato sauce, salad and homemade chips. This recipe will keep, covered in the fridge, for five days.
- Two sheets of shortcrust pastry
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 6 eggs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a pie dish with butter.
- Place one sheet of pastry in dish.
- In a bowl mix eggs with a little water (as if you were making an omelette)
- Slice bacon into thin slices, then add bacon, salt, pepper and parsley in bowl, mix well.
- Prick pastry with a fork a number of times. Pour in egg mixture.
- Cover with the other sheet of pastry, seal, trim the edges and cut four small vent holes.
- Cook until the pie has lifted from the dish and could be handled as one piece.