Savoury cheddar cheese biscuits
These delightful savoury treats are the perfect afternoon snack for those who prefer not to have sweets with their cup of tea or coffee. You can try combining in a range of herbs such as oregano or thyme to experiment with some new flavours or pair them with soup or noodles as a delicious side dish!
--- advertisement ---
- 125 grams chilled butter, cubed
- 60 grams (½ cup) cheddar cheese
- 50 grams (½ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 150 grams (1¼ cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine butter, cheddar, parmesan, flour paprika and salt in a food processor. Pulse together until mixture is just combined.
- Remove dough and roll into a ball. Cut into halves. Form both halves into sausage shapes that are 3cm thick and 20cm long. Wrap in baking paper and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Remove dough from baking paper. Cut into biscuit sized slices. Place slices on the tray. bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack.