Scrumptious choc-chip banana bread
Banana bread is everyone’s favourite go-to snack, and this delicious recipe comes with a chocolate twist that’s hard to say no to.
--- advertisement ---
For the best results it’s always best to your overripe bananas for your banana bread. You want to peel to be dotted with brown marks and the banana itself to be soft and squishy. While there are plenty of versions out there with walnuts, this recipe uses chocolate chips instead to really take things to the next level. If you still prefer that nutty crunch, just add a handful of roughly chopped walnuts to the mixture.
Once it’s baked, serve warm with plenty of butter and a nice strong cuppa. Enjoy!
- 2 cups self-raising flower
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g butter, melted, cooled
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a loaf pan and line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm on edges.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into large bowl. Stir in sugar.
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla together in small bowl.
- Add milk mixture, butter and banana to flour mixture.
- Stir to combine. Fold through chocolate chips.
- Spoon into pan. Smooth surface and bake for one hour.