Tasty pesto and antipasto pasta bake
Baked pasta dishes are so easy to make and they taste delicious! This homemade pesto and antipasto pasta bake is the perfect mid-week light dinner option — and it only takes 30 minutes to whip up!
--- advertisement ---
Packed with flavour, yet simple enough to whip up in minutes, this recipe is uses basil pesto, semi-dried tomatoes, antipasto sprinkled in breadcrumbs, parmesan and pine nuts to bring a Mediterranean flavour to the table. To really take things up a notch, make your own pesto with this easy recipe and keep any leftovers in the fridge for next time you’re making pasta.
Serve pasta bake with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and a slice of crusty sourdough bread. Enjoy!
- 250g dried elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup homemade basil pesto (find a recipe here) or use store-bought
- 1/2 cup light thickened cream for cooking
- 1/4 cup drained and chopped semi-dried tomatoes
- 225g jar marinated antipasto, drained
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain well.
- Combine pesto and cream in large bowl.
- Add pasta, tomatoes and antipasto.
- Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and pine nuts in a bowl. Sprinkle over pasta. Spray will oil.
- Grill for two to three minutes.