Three-ingredient salted caramel biscuit cups
Salted caramel treats are having a moment in the dessert world, with bakeries and dessert parlours dishing out all sorts of weird and wonderful versions of the unique flavour combination.
--- advertisement ---
The moorish treat doesn’t have to be reserved for fancy kitchens though. This delicious recipe only uses three ingredients, but the tastes like the best kind of gluttonous dessert.
It’s a fantastic dinner party addition and a great treat when you feel like something tasty without all the hard work. To really step things up a notch, drizzle melted chocolate over the top and serve.
- 24 biscuits, of your choice (we’d recommend ginger snaps or something similarly chewy)
- 380g can caramel fill
- Sea salt flakes, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place a biscuit over each hole of two 12-hole patty pans.
- Bake for two minutes or until slightly softened.
- Carefully press biscuits into holes to form cups. Cool, then transfer to wire rack.
- Place caramel in bowl and whisk until smooth. Divide among the biscuit cups.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Sprinkle the biscuits with a little salt before serving.