Baked Vegetarian Egg Rolls with Peanut Sauce
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS :
--- advertisement ---
Smartpoints™ Value : 3
2½ cups shredded cabbage
2½ cups broccoli slaw
1 cup snow peas (pea pods) chopped
1 cup carrots, shredded
1 cup scallions, chopped
1 teaspoon vegetable oil or olive oil
2 teaspoons ginger, (from a jar) see shopping tip
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons rice vinegar or seasoned rice vinegar
1½ tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
A little fresh ground black pepper
12 egg roll wrappers, see shopping tip
¼ cup peanut butter, I like natural, chunky, unsalted
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, broccoli slaw, snow peas, carrots, and scallions.
3. Heat oil in a large, nonstick pan over medium-high. Add ginger, garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in cabbage mixture, 1½ tablespoons soy sauce, rice vinegar and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until soft-crisp. Chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
4. Place 1 egg roll wrapper at a time onto work surface with 1 corner pointing toward you (wrapper should look like a diamond). Spoon ⅓ cup cabbage filling into center of wrapper. Fold lower corner of egg roll wrapper over filling. Fold in corners and roll up jelly roll fashion. Repeat steps with remaining wrappers and veggie filling. Lightly coat egg rolls with cooking spray and place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn over and bake 10 minutes more until golden brown on both sides.
5. To prepare sauce: In a blender add all sauce ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and add more red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve sauce on the side with egg rolls. Use ½ tablespoon sauce to dip with each egg roll.
6. Serve at once. To reheat, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place egg rolls on a baking sheet. Place in oven and heat until crisp.
Makes 12 egg rolls (each serving, 1 roll and about ½ tablespoon sauce)
for 1 skinny egg roll
1g sat fat