SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS
We eat a lot of grilled fish or chicken and vegetables around here during the summer. It’s one of my go to weeknight meals. But it’s easy to get stuck in a rut. So, I’m always on the lookout for quick and easy recipes for grilled chicken.
THE SKINNY ON SPICY GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS
Talk about quick and easy, it takes about 10 minutes to stir together the spices and rub them on the chicken. And another 10 to 15 minutes to grill the chicken.The only change I made was to use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts. They are more flavorful. And they stay moist and tender, even if left on the grill a little too long. My grilling skills are less than perfect, so this is an important consideration. But if you prefer breasts, make the switch.
While the chicken cooks, you can grill some vegetables or toss together a simple salad. And as easy as that, dinner is done. It’s the kind of fast food dinner you can enjoy without guilt. Rod, Mom and I all gave these spicy grilled chicken thighs our seal of approval.
According to my calculations each serving of spicy grilled chicken thighs has 176 calories and *5 Weight Watchers Points, 4 SmartPoints Plus Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (4 ounces each)
- Combine the brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, salt and chili powder and rub all over the chicken.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack with the oil.
- Grill the chicken thighs, covered, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until opaque and cooked through or until a thermometer reads 170°. If you don’t have a thermometer, to test for doneness, pierce a thigh with a knife and, if the juice is clear, the thighs are done.