Weight Watchers Baked Falafel recipe
Falafels are a healthy (when they’re baked and not deep-fried) vegetarian snack that won’t leave you craving any meat at all. Make a slightly bigger version of a falafel and you have a great veggie burger patty!
--- advertisement ---
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (or chickpeas)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans.
- Put the beans in a bowl and smash with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Form into small balls (about 1½? in diameter) and slightly flatten.
- Place the balls onto an oiled baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
- Serving suggestion: with mini pita pockets, tahini sauce, hummus, tomatoes, cucumber and/or lettuce.
Fat 1.5 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Carbohydrate 14 g
Fiber 4 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 4 g