Easy Garlic Parmesan Popovers
--- advertisement ---
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 1/2 cups milk, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a popover pan into the oven.*
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs until frothy, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour, chives, garlic powder, salt, basil and pepper until just incorporated.
- Remove popover pan from the oven and generously grease with bacon fat. Working quickly, fill popover pan half full with egg mixture.
- Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with butter and Parmesan.
Nutritional Info :
- Servings Per Container 6
- Smartpoints 9
- Calories 255.5
- Total Fat 12.3g
- Saturated Fat 5.4g
- Trans Fat 0.2g
- Cholesterol 110.4mg
- Sodium 487.4mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g
- Sugars 3.6g
- Protein 9.7g