How to Cook Quinoa
Yield: 4 servings
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-meshed strainer. This gets rid of its bitter coating.
- Place the rinsed quinoa, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.Lower heat to medium-low and cook 15-17 minutes, until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, garlic and pepper in a small bowl.
- When quinoa is done, remove from heat. Transfer to a serving bowl, fluff with a fork, add the dressing and the herbs and mix. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
--- advertisement ---