Healthy Shrimp Scampi
Yield: 4 servings
--- advertisement ---
- 1½ pounds large (16-20 count) shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional, for a thicker sauce; use organic to avoid GMOs)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, one minute.
- Add the shrimp, the wine (if using the cornstarch, whisk it into the wine before adding to the skillet) and the salt. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, until shrimp are pink and opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- To serve, spoon the shrimp and the sauce over a bed of fresh spinach (the warm sauce will render it perfectly wilted), over cauliflower rice or over cooked rice.
Nutrition Per Serving
Note ; Prep and Cool time : 10 mins | Cook time : 10 mins | Total time : 20 mins