Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
TERIYAKI CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
--- advertisement ---
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1-½ pounds boneless chicken thighs, chopped
– 8 ounces broccoli florets
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 large carrots, sliced on the bias
– Chili flakes, to taste (optional)
– 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
– ⅓ cup soy sauce
– ⅓ cup water
– 4 tablespoons corn starch
– ¼ cup honey
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine all of the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce. Stir occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, then add the chicken in a single layer. Let cook, undisturbed, for about 3 minutes or until browned, then flip and cook the other side until browned.
- Add the garlic, carrots and teriyaki sauce, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, steam the broccoli.
- Add the steamed broccoli to the cooked chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with chili flakes, if using, and toss to mix.
- Serve with rice or udon noodles.
So easy, right? What do you think of this Teriyaki Chicken? What other vegetables would you like to see in it?