Baked Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
Yield: 3 to 4 Servings
6 to 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1 lb (450g) potatoes, peeled quartered
1 red onion, quartered
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic powder
½ teaspoon hot cayenne chili powder
2 tablespoons chopped fresh scallion
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet/roasting pan or coat with nonstick spray.
--- advertisement ---
2. In a large bowl, whisk together chicken thighs, potatoes, garlic powder and chili powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well with your hands to help spices penetrate the meat and potatoes. Make sure to wash your hands afterward!
3. Place chicken, potatoes and red onion in a single layer onto the prepared baking pan. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
4. Roast in the preheated oven until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C), about 25-30 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes to make it crisp.
5. Remove from oven. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes while the juices settle before serving. Serve hot, garnished with chopped scallion and drizzled with lemon juice.
Note: Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken thighs and potatoes. After step 2, you can directly transfer the chicken, potato and spices in a air-tight sealed bag and keep it in the fridge or freezer and pop in the oven when needed.