Garden Pasta Salad
- 2 cups whole-wheat rotini, (6 ounces)
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup diced yellow or red bell pepper, (1 small)
- 1 cup grated carrots, (2-4 carrots)
- ½ cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup chopped scallions, (4 scallions)
- ⅓ cup slivered fresh basil
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- 2Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Add the pasta and toss to coat. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, carrots, scallions, olives and basil; toss to coat well.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
--- advertisement ---