Dump-and-Bake 5-Ingredient Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups Bisquick (or other similar all-purpose and pancake baking mix)
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- Optional, for serving: fresh berries, maple syrup, butter, powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl just until nicely combined (Bisquick, buttermilk, milk, egg, and oil). Batter will still be a little bit lumpy (and that’s fine) – don’t overmix or the pancakes will be dry.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until cooked through in the center.
- Slice into squares and serve with desired toppings!
Cooking for a Smaller Family? You can cut the ingredients in half and bake the pancakes in an 8-inch square baking dish. I would still use 1 full egg, since it’s tough to cut that ingredient in half. Baking time will be reduced by a few minutes, so keep an eye on the pancakes after about 10 minutes.
--- advertisement ---
Want to Prep Ahead? These can be frozen as an entire casserole before slicing, or in individual portions and reheated in the microwave for quick last-minute breakfasts!